Level 3 Award in Maritime Mathematics (Open Awards)
You can now accredit your studies through these two new qualifications from Open Awards. Our Maths@Sea, Maths@Sea+ and Stability@Sea courses are specifically designed to prepare learners to undertake the formal assessment for these qualifications and successful learners will receive a UK nationally-recognised certificate at NQF level 3 (A level equivalent).
How do I apply?
Simply complete the online ENROLMENT FORM once you have purchased this accreditation so we can register you with the awarding body.
The fee is £50 per course which includes registration and certification.
We will be in touch to arrange your exam date and confirm the arrangements for this.
Before you take the exam we need to confirm your ID. The following would be permitted proof of a learner’s Identity:
• a valid passport (any nationality)
• a signed UK photo card driving licence
• valid warrant card issued by HM Forces or the Police
• other photographic ID card, e.g. employee ID card (must be current employer), student ID card, travel card
• UK biometric residence permit If an assessment is taking place in your place of work and you are unable to supply any of the above, authentication of your identity by a third-party representative, for example your line manager or a member of your workplace Human Resources Team can be accepted.
How will I be assessed?
Formal assessment is via an online exam. There is one 60 minute externally-set multiple choice assessment. This must be taken under exam conditions but can be completed anywhere at a date and time to suit. Let us know when you want to take it. We will then be in touch to arrange a two week window in which you must sit the exam. Results are provided immediately on completion. The pass mark is 60% and a free retest is included in the fee. What are the benefits? Learners gain a nationally-recognised UK qualification providing five credits at level 3. This can count towards a level 3 Diploma or Certificate, for example the L3 Diploma in Maritime Studies that colleges or schools can use as pre-cadetship route for those planning to undertake an HNC or HND in Nautical Science.
Who is it for?
These qualifications are suitable for anyone with a nautical interest or those seeking to work at sea. They can support career progression from rating to officer, marine apprenticeships and those in the outdoor leisure sector working towards RYA qualifications. They can be taken at any age but are designed for those aged 16 or above.
How can I find out more?
The full qualification guide is attached HERE
Please see the following guidance before you make your purchase